Learn to play the online casino game of Craps
This fun and exciting online casino game of chance is played by some simple rules, thus making it a casual and entertaining dice game.
The basics are super-simple. The object of the game is to roll the dice and based on the result of the dice, you either win or lose. Everyone bets on the same roll of the dice, regardless of who is shooting. The first roll of a round is called a Come Out roll.
Types of bets
The rules of the game may be simple, but there is a long list of bets you must learn before playing:
Pass line bet
- If the Come Out roll is 7 or 11 – the Pass line bet wins.
- If the Come Out roll is 2, 3 or 12, the Pass line bet loses.
- If the Come Out roll is any other number, it is called a Point.
- If the person who shoots the dice rolls a Point before a 7, it is considered a win. If not, it is considered a loss.
Don’t pass line bet
- If the Come out Roll is 7 or 11, the Don’t Pass Line bets are lost.
- If the Come out Roll is 3, the Don’t Pass Line bets are won.
- If double 1 or double 6 are rolled, it doesn’t count on the Come Out Roll, and so the next roll is turned into the Come Out Rolls.
- Any other number becomes the Point.
- When the Point is determined the shooter rolls again. If it’s a 7 or 11, the Don’t Pass Line bets are lost. If a 7 is rolled before the Point, the Don’t Pass Line bets are won.
The come bet can be made anytime during the shooter’s game. The next roll of dice is considered the Come Out Roll for the come Bet.
- If the Come Out roll is 7 or 11 – the Come bet wins.
- If the Come Out roll is 2, 3 or 12 after the Come wager is made, the Come bet loses.
- Any other number becomes the Point.
- If the Point is rolled again before a 7 – the Come bets win.
- If a 7 or 11 is rolled before the Point, the Come bets are removed.
Don’t come bet
The Don’t Come bet is almost identical to the Don’t Pass Line bet, except it can be made anytime during the game. The next roll is considered the Come Out Roll.
- If the Come Out roll is 7 or 11 – the Don’t Come bet loses
- If a 2 or 3 is rolled, the Don’t Come bet wins
- If a 12 is rolled, it’s a tie
- All other numbers rolled become Points
- If Points are rolled again before a 7, the Don’t Come bet is lost
- If a 7 or 11 is rolled before the point, the Don’t Come bet is won
- The Place Bet can only be made on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 box numbers.
- If the indicated number is rolled before a 7, the Place bet wins
- If a 7 is rolled before the Place bet number, it loses
Odds bet is a supplementary bet to Come, Don’t Come bets, Pass and Don’t Pass bets. In order to make this bet, the Point must be determined.
It can be placed any time and it is determined by a single roll.
- If 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12 are rolled, the Field bets win.
- If a 5, 6, 7 or 8 is rolled, the Field bets are lost
It can be placed on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 only after the Point has been determent.
- If one of the numbers is rolled before a 7, the Buy bet wins
- If one of the numbers is rolled after a 7, the Buy bet loses
They are similar to Field Bets. You can bet on:
- Any Seven, for a 7 to be rolled
- Any craps for a 2, 3 or 12 to be rolled
- Eleven for an 11 to be rolled
- Ace Deuce for a 3 o be rolled
- Aces of Boxcar if a 2 or 12 is rolled
- Horn Bets for a 2, 3, 11 or 12 to be rolled
Big 6 and Big 8 Bet
It is recommended that you do not use this bet.
- Any Seven Bet: a bet that any of the dice will roll a 7. If a 7 is rolled, you quadruple your bet.
- Any 11 Bet: a bet that any of the dice will roll an 11. If an 11 is rolled, you win 15 times your bet.
- Any craps Bet: a bet that any of the dice will roll a 2, 3 or 12. If one of these 3 numbers are rolled, you win 7 times your bet
- Horn bet: a bet that any of the dice will roll a 2, 3, 11 or 12. If a 3 or 11 are rolled, you ware paid 15:1. If 2 or 12 are rolled, you win 30:1.
- Hop Bet: a bet that two identical numbers will roll
- C & E bet: betting on both “Any Craps” and “Any eleven”
- Hardway bets: a bet that the dice will roll two identical numbers of 4, 6, 8 or 10. If a 7 rolls out, the bet is lost.
This is the very simplified explanation of Craps rules and types of bets. This great social game is highly popular in both land based casinos and online ones. It may seem hard to play due to the large number of bet types, but once you get the hang of it, we’re certain you are going to love every minute of it.