Strategies for playing video poker online
It’s all about maximizing your odds and knowing what hand beats what. If you have your basic info on lock, then it’s time to move on to the next level: strategies.
The always-asked question “what to do if I’m dealt a low pair?” has now found its answer. As tempting as it may be to draw or try again with a completely new hand of cards, the correct answer might surprise you: almost always it is recommended to keep it.
As with all rules, there is also one exception: when you have 4 cards to a flush, royal straight flush or straight flush, because in these cases it is always recommended to draw to the straight flush or flush as you have pretty high chances of achieving at least a flush, the payout being much higher.
If you’ll remember to apply this simple and yet efficient strategy, you’ll surely be in the win and also one step ahead of all the other players.
We will also disclose other great strategies below:
In Jacks or better:
- If you have a high pair, it is recommended you discard 3 cards
- If you have two unsuited high cards, it is recommended you discard 3 cards
- If you have 1 high card, it is recommended you discard 4 cards
- If you have Four of a Kind, a four-card royal straight flush, a four-card straight flush, two pairs or a four-card flush, it is recommended you draw one card
- If you have a royal or straight flush, Full House, flush or straight hand, it is recommended you do not discard any cards
- If you have Three of a kind, a three-card royal, a four-card straight, two suited high cards or a three-card straight flush, it is recommended you discard two cards
- If you have a low pair of 10s or lower, it is recommended you discard three cards
- If you have none of the previously mentioned hands, it is recommended you discard all 5 cards and try your luck with a completely new hand